Monday, April 18, 2016

After replacing the favorites file with another the "Favorites Bar" is reverse alphabetical order. How to fix?

After replacing the favorites file with another the "Favorites Bar" is reverse alphabetical order. How to fix?

I keep my favorites unified by e mailing my favorites from one computer to another.
I have never had a problem deleting the old favorites and then importing the new file until now.
After installing IE9 the Favorites Bar was correctly alphabetized.
But replacing the favorites by importing a new folder caused a problem.
The new file imports correctly except that the Favorites Bar is now reversed alphabetically.
When I go into the Favorites section of the browser or leave the browser and go into the part of my computer with the favorites bar folder the "Favorites Bar" will
be correctly alphabetized.
I tried repeatedly to "sort by name" in all three places but the favorites bar displayed at the top of the browser was still alphabetized in reverse.
Manually moving the names does work.

Solutions to the Problem After replacing the favorites file with another the "Favorites Bar" is reverse alphabetical order. How to fix?

Download SmartPCFixer to Fix It (Free)

I keep my favorites unified by e mailing my favorites from one computer to another.
I have never had a problem deleting the old favorites and then importing the new file until now.
[snip]
Hi,
Exporting and importing (merging) a registry key at the same time may resolve this.
See:
http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/preserve-order-ie-favorites-transferring-to-another-pc/
Hope this helps,
Don

Run CHKDSK
  • Go to the Start button.
  • In the Search box, type "cmd" (without quotes) and press Enter.
  • At the command prompt, type "chkdsk /r /f" (without quotes) and press Enter.
  • Restart your computer.

Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: After replacing the favorites file with another the "Favorites Bar" is reverse alphabetical order. How to fix?:

How to Fix After replacing the favorites file with another the "Favorites Bar" is reverse alphabetical order. How to fix? with SmartPCFixer?

1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your system.  Open it, and it will perform a scan for your system. The junk files will be shown in the list.

2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.

3. When the Fixing part is done, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been removed


Related: Fast Solution to Problem: Error http//go.microsoft/fwlink/?linkId=144689 occurs at every reboot,,Troubleshooting:I tried to download the latest version of Internet Explorer 9, but it will not update the download due to a message that states "Wrong version of Internet Explorer installer" Error,Fast Solution to Error: IE9 Search Taking Me to Web Pages Rather Than Search Results,Random freezing after updating to SP1 (Windows 7) Tech Support,[Anwsered] Thinkpad 8611 Boot,How to Resolve - Svchost Helper?,Fast Solution to Problem: L30 101 Driver Windows 7,Troubleshooter of Error: Io Device,How to Fix Error - Dell Laptop Code 39?
Read More: Solution to Error: After running Windows defragmentation my computer will not reboot. It hangs just before displaying the login screen.,[Solved] after openinig ie9 cannot view msn photos & text,How to Fix Problem - After sleep or hibernate, cannot re-enter my password (the keyboard acts dead).?,[Anwsered] All APPS does not work When I right click on start screen I get the All APPS icon, but when I click on the Icon I get a \"blue\" screen and Windows Stalls.,[Solved] After installing windows 8 the system coudn't find a driver for AMD Radeon HD6700.,Able To Install Multiple Versions Of Office?,A couple of years ago I downloaded a homeccounting template I can't find now is there a place where I can look for other templates that are not lis ated?,add on information bar - Preventing me from being able to download anything,addin for excel doesn't exist in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\1033",Adding degrees on Calculator

No comments:

Post a Comment