After running a custom sort, hyperlinks seem to stick with the cells and not with the data within the cells.
I’m having a bit of trouble with Excel and hyperlinks:
In my spreadsheet are 2 tabs, one is labeled “References” with key cells “named” in column F.
The 2 is an “index” of individual items found in column F in References where I have hyperlinked numerically back to the references tab. I entered the index hyperlinks
numerically with the intention of sorting by individual item. When I sort the index tab by individual item, the numerical link numbers change with the rows, but the links don’t stay with their numbers, they seem to stay with the cell.
Any thoughts??? Hover over the links on the Index tab, then try the sort alphabetically on the maintenance items (column a) on the Index tab then re-hover the mouse over the link. It’s a bit strange…
Keys to the Problem After running a custom sort, hyperlinks seem to stick with the cells and not with the data within the cells.
Are you able to reproduce the issue on a new Word file?
If yes, upload a sample file onto the SkyDrive to help us work on the issue and assist you further.
Refer the link which explains how to upload the data onto SkyDrive:
Note: Make sure that there is no confidential data in the document before uploading the document on the SkyDrive
Manually editing the Windows registry
Manually editing the Windows registry to remove invalid MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION keys is not recommended unless you are PC service professional. Incorrectly editing your registry can stop your PC from functioning and create irreversible damage to your operating system. In fact, one misplaced comma can prevent your PC from booting entirely!
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, we DO NOT recommend editing the Windows registry manually. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. We do not guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
To manually repair your Windows registry, first you need to create a backup by exporting a portion of the registry related to MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION (eg. Windows Operating System):
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: After running a custom sort, hyperlinks seem to stick with the cells and not with the data within the cells.:
How to Fix After running a custom sort, hyperlinks seem to stick with the cells and not with the data within the cells. with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your system. Click Scan, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The junk files will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.
3. When the Fixing part is finished, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been removed
Related: ,[Solution] Error Clean,Solution to Error: mozilla thunderbird not responding windows 7,Fast Solution to Error: 0x00405da8,Troubleshoot:Toolbar,Solution to Problem: Windows Media Player C00d1199 Windows 7,Solution to Error: Windows 7Function,Troubleshooting:Pc Code 9999 Error,Solution to Problem: Norton Svchost Exe Virus,[Anwsered] Error 2738
Read More: After installing SP1, my \"sleep\" function fails. Must power on manually. [Anwsered],After last Silverlite update failed, Windows7 hangs immediatly after exiting from browsing the Internet with MSIE9; How do I fix it? [Anwsered],How Can You Fix - After installing Windows 7 with IE8 MSN toolbar will no longer load, Any suggestions?,Tech Support: After Windows 8 Pro install i cant restart my laptop if i will restart bios showing operating system not found,[Solved] After looking at Optimizer tool 5.2 by Weskysoft Ins & deciding that it wasn't for me I find that it installed an icon on my lower task bar that won't go away not will it let me uninstall. How can I get rid of this annoying popup ?,32 bit printer drivers for Windows 7 64 bit OS,Activecell range 2 columns loop until last column,about pc battery power,Acrobat Reader downlode also automatically downloaded McAfee Security Plus...question about this below.,A runtime error has occurred. example: Line32 Do you wish to DeBug?