After installing Windows 7 on HP laptop, getting message "plugged in not charging"
Same Laptop, same charger worked fine in Visa.
After clean install of Windows 7 I get the "plugged in not charging" message.
About my system:
HP/ Compaq Mobile Workstation 8510w
The charger is intended to be used for an aditional / secondary battery - which worked fine in Vista when plugged into the Laptop.
The regular charger still works fine even in Win 7.
So my question: This must be a software related issue in Win 7.
Somehow it recognizes that this is not the regular charger and refuses to use it - but since it worked fine in Vista I would like to continue using it.
How can I do that in Win 7???
Solutions to the Problem After installing Windows 7 on HP laptop, getting message "plugged in not charging"
I had the same problem with my Compaq after upgrading to a 12-cell after market white box battery.
What I did first was I uninstalled and reinstalled "Microsoft ACPI- Compliant Control Method Battery" and that did not work, so I followed the steps below:
close laptop and remove battery (while still on).
open lid and remove AC adapter (while still on, will power off system)
close lid and connect battery
open lid, connect AC adapter, and power on.
After I did the above, my system began to charge the battery.
Some people say that after step 2, shutdown the system before unplugging the AC.
I didn't because most of the solutions I found said NOT to shutdown the system first.
If you were careful with
your system, this one time shouldn't do any harm to your laptop
- Download the Microsoft Windows ISO (installation device) from the following website:
- Users must select the appropriate ISO, either 32 bit or 64 bit, depending upon their individual computer.
- Extract the ISO file to a separate USB device or burn the program to a compact disc.
- Run the Microsoft Windows 10 upgrade directly from the software that you have thus created.
Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: After installing Windows 7 on HP laptop, getting message "plugged in not charging":
How to Fix After installing Windows 7 on HP laptop, getting message "plugged in not charging" with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your computer. Open it, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The junk files will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.
3. The Fixing part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed.
Related: ,[Solution] Error Clean,Solution to Error: mozilla thunderbird not responding windows 7,Fast Solution to Error: 0x00405da8,Troubleshoot:Toolbar,Solution to Problem: Windows Media Player C00d1199 Windows 7,Solution to Error: Windows 7Function,Troubleshooting:Pc Code 9999 Error,Solution to Problem: Norton Svchost Exe Virus,[Anwsered] Error 2738
Read More: Fast Solution to Error: after upgrading Windows 8 to Windows 8.1, it has a black screen when the system on sleeping,[Anwsered] After updating a program on my computer, the display has changed unexpectedly,Troubleshooter of Error: After remote login, network printers go offline,Solution to Problem: After renewing the license of my anti-virus program, all my messages in Windows Mail (Windows Vista) were deleted.,Solution to Error: After updating iTunes,i couldn't open it- kept saying runtime error.,32 bit printer drivers for Windows 7 64 bit OS,Activecell range 2 columns loop until last column,about pc battery power,Acrobat Reader downlode also automatically downloaded McAfee Security Plus...question about this below.,A runtime error has occurred. example: Line32 Do you wish to DeBug?