After installing Windows 7, it won't go to my desktop, what do I do? The desktop picture is zoomed in, no icons, no taskbars, no response.
I upgraded from Vista and got through the whole process then it went I was able to get to the desktop and the Internet would not connect to my wireless network.
I tried restarting it and now the icons on the desktop don't display and it would respond to
Anwsers to the Problem After installing Windows 7, it won't go to my desktop, what do I do? The desktop picture is zoomed in, no icons, no taskbars, no response.
Method 1: Boot in safe mode and perform a clean boot.
Step 1:Boot into safe mode.
Follow the steps and check whether you are able to get into safe mode.
Step 2: Perform a clean Boot
Follow the steps in the below link to perform clean boot.
Note: Once you are done with the clean boot, follow the step 7 in the link to put back your computer to normal mode.
Check if the issue persists.
Method 2: Hardware clean boot.
If the issue still persists, perform a hardware clean boot.
a) Click on Start, Right click on
My Computer, click on Properties
b) Click on Device Manager
c) Right Click on Sound Card, Video Adapter, Network Adapter one by one and click disable
d) Reboot the computer.
If the problem is fixed then you can enable the hardware devices one by one to find the exact device that cause the problem
Note: After you found the device that causing the problem you can resolve by installing last driver or replacing the device.
Hope it helps.
To check for Windows updates
- Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Update.
- In the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.
- If any updates are found, click Install updates. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: After installing Windows 7, it won't go to my desktop, what do I do? The desktop picture is zoomed in, no icons, no taskbars, no response.:
How to Fix After installing Windows 7, it won't go to my desktop, what do I do? The desktop picture is zoomed in, no icons, no taskbars, no response. with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your system. Click Scan, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The errors will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. When the Fixing part is done, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been fixed
Related: ,[Solution] Error Clean,Solution to Error: mozilla thunderbird not responding windows 7,Fast Solution to Error: 0x00405da8,Troubleshoot:Toolbar,Solution to Problem: Windows Media Player C00d1199 Windows 7,Solution to Error: Windows 7Function,Troubleshooting:Pc Code 9999 Error,Solution to Problem: Norton Svchost Exe Virus,[Anwsered] Error 2738
Read More: Troubleshooter of Error: al iniciar me sale otro escritorio,[Anwsered] After installing Vista SP2 my laptop is always \"configuring updates\" when it shuts down and starts,Solution to Error: After running Windows defragmentation my computer will not reboot. It hangs just before displaying the login screen.,Fast Solution to Error: After restoring the computer, it has slowed down. Also, defrag will not run saying \"saying that scheduler needs to be running \" and cannot remove programs.,After windows update now my office wont work? [Anwsered],32 bit printer drivers for Windows 7 64 bit OS,Activecell range 2 columns loop until last column,about pc battery power,Acrobat Reader downlode also automatically downloaded McAfee Security Plus...question about this below.,A runtime error has occurred. example: Line32 Do you wish to DeBug?