backup and restore to VIRTUAL MACHINE
i am actually running windows 7 on a mac in boot camp mode but also am trying to get situated with a "virtual machine" so i don't have to boot directly into a native installation when i don't have to.
right now i have a virtual installation - >> which i have installed some software and files in << - on my mac pro using Parallels and i want to use Virtual Box instead.
can i BACKUP the windows 7 install in Parallels, nuke parallels and then RESTORE this backup while in Virtual Box (where i have already installed Windows 7)?
if so, can i ALSO use this BACKUP to put this same OS configuration onto my MACBOOK PRO (even though the backup came from the Virtual Box on my Mac Pro)?
TIA for any help
Solutions to the Problem backup and restore to VIRTUAL MACHINE
- Access the files on your computer via MY COMPUTER
- Under the C: drive, access the WINDOWS folder
- Select the SOFTWARE DISTRIBUTION folder, followed by the DOWNLOAD folder.
- Delete any files within this download folder.
- If you are unable to delete these files, open the command prompt (CMD) as the administrator, and type "net stop wuauserv" into the CMD prompt window. Press ENTER. This should allow you to delete the files from step 4.
- Once the files are deleted, open and run the CMD as the administrator and type "wuauclt.exe /updatenow". Press ENTER.
Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: backup and restore to VIRTUAL MACHINE:
How to Fix backup and restore to VIRTUAL MACHINE with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download Error Fixer. Install it on your computer.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.
3. The Repair part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed. You can also use other functions in SmartPCFixer. Like dll downloading, junk file cleaning and print spooler error repair.
Related: AMD Radeon HD 7800M Win8 not working [Anwsered],I can access the internet, get on facebook and get to hotmail, but I can't play games on facebook and I can't open or respond to my e-mails,I keep getting this Media Player error when I log on my computer. [Anwsered],[Anwsered] System Hanging on shutdown and restart,Unable to get the Vlookup property of the WorksheetFunction class,Solution to Error: Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,I'm always being signed off so annoying Tech Support
,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.
,Solution to Problem: Referencing data in another file
,Troubleshoot:Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive. Error,External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Tech Support,Tech Support: I'm always being signed off so annoying,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.,Referencing data in Access using Excel [Anwsered],Need Best Way To Present Data [Anwsered],Same question but for windows 7 home edition,sometimes fullscreen won't activate [Solved],Solution to Error: We bought a new computer with windows 7 and it is constantly freezing. How do we fix this?,Solution to Error: Windows 8 update crash (2013-07-22)
Read More: Tech Support: Arrays for defining the \"Find_Text\" criteria of the Search function,How to Fix Error - Automatic update failed and Windows will not start?,Troubleshooter of Error: autoplay not working properly,Tech Support: Automatic click on Windows 7 laptops,[Anwsered] Are there any plans to include Firewire support with XP Mode and Windows 7?,application not found error,any problems in a team where one has Windows XP and the other has Windows 7?,Application/Object-Defined Error,An Excel formula question where hours are totalled and cumulating,Anyone know the hardware email?