ATT network speed poor on HP Win 7 wireless
I have an ATT 2wire 335 on a windows 7 64 bit system. We have three other computers running as wireless through the gateway. One, a new HP, keeps dropping its internet, losing "bars" and eventually timing out. If I go in and reset the ada[ter, it stays
at top speed for three or so minutes, and then slowly decreases.
Can anyine offer some help? This has happened ever since we got the new gateway in December, and I followed the instructions to the letter!
Anwsers to the Problem ATT network speed poor on HP Win 7 wireless
To find the root cause of this issue, we need more information from you to help troubleshoot your issue. Please answer the following questions as best you can.
a) Did you contact the ISP (Internet Service Provider)?
Due to the low signal strength, this issue could be from the service provider.
b) Have you checked with the router vendor?
Try temporarily disabling the router's firewall settings.
There may be many reasons for this problem like problem with drivers/ any application running on your computer.
If you come across the same problem again, you can try disable and then re-enable "my network connection".
This should allow you to get connected to network again.
To troubleshoot your issue you may try the below methods one by one.
Method 1: Update the network driver.
Steps to update network driver:
1. Click on start button.
2. In the search box type devmgmt.msc and then press enter.
3. Select the network card device and right click on it
4. Now select properties.
5. In the properties window, under Driver tab, click on Update Driver button.
6. After the installing the updates restart the computer.
For more information visit:
Method 2: Try resetting the TCP/IP stack.
To reset the TCP/IP stack go to this article and either click on "Fix it for me" or follow the instructions to fix it yourself:
If still the same problem persists then try the next method.
Method 3: check if the problem persists in safe mode with networking (step 1).
If the problem doesn’t persists in safe mode with networking then perform clean boot (step 2) on your computer.
Step 1: To use a Safe mode with networking option, follow these steps:
1. Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard.
On a computer that is configured for booting to multiple operating systems, you can press the F8 key when the Boot Menu appears.
2. Use the arrow keys to choose Safe mode with networking in Windows Advanced Options menu appears, and then press ENTER.
Step 2: Starting your computer by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs so that you can determine whether a background program is interfering with your game or program.
This kind of startup is known as a "Clean boot."
To perform a clean boot on a computer, follow these steps.
1. Click Start, type msconfig in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.
2. On the General tab, click Selective Startup.
3. Under Selective Startup, click to clear the Load Startup Items check box.
4. Click the Services tab, click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box, and then click Disable All.
5. Click OK.
6. When you are prompted, click Restart.
7. After the computer starts, check whether the problem is resolved.
Please monitor the system in the Clean Boot environment.
If the problem does not occur, it indicates that the problem is related to one application or service we have disabled.
You may use the MSCONFIG tool again to re-enable the disabled item one by one
to find out the culprit.
If your issue is resolved, follow the How to Determine What is Causing the Problem section in the KB article to narrow down the exact source.
Also, see the section on how to return your computer to a Normal startup mode
You may also visit the below link to Troubleshoot problems finding wireless networks
Thanks and Regards:
Shalini Surana - Microsoft Support.
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
Use the System File Checker tool to repair corrupted or missing system files:
- Click Start.
- Type cmd, and then press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to open the elevated command prompt (I.e. Command prompt with administrative rights).
- The User Account Control window should appear, be sure that the action it exhibits is correct, and then press the Continue button.
- Type or copy paste the below command line into it without quotes:
- "Sfc /scannow"
Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: ATT network speed poor on HP Win 7 wireless:
How to Fix ATT network speed poor on HP Win 7 wireless with SmartPCFixer?
1. You can Download SmartPCFixer here. Install it on your system. When you open SmartPCFixer, it will perform a scan.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed. You can also use other functions in this software. Like dll downloading, junk file cleaning and print spooler error repair.
Related: AMD Radeon HD 7800M Win8 not working [Anwsered],I can access the internet, get on facebook and get to hotmail, but I can't play games on facebook and I can't open or respond to my e-mails,I keep getting this Media Player error when I log on my computer. [Anwsered],[Anwsered] System Hanging on shutdown and restart,Unable to get the Vlookup property of the WorksheetFunction class,Solution to Error: Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,I'm always being signed off so annoying Tech Support
,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.
,Solution to Problem: Referencing data in another file
,Troubleshoot:Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive. Error,External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Tech Support,Tech Support: I'm always being signed off so annoying,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.,Referencing data in Access using Excel [Anwsered],Need Best Way To Present Data [Anwsered],Same question but for windows 7 home edition,sometimes fullscreen won't activate [Solved],Solution to Error: We bought a new computer with windows 7 and it is constantly freezing. How do we fix this?,Solution to Error: Windows 8 update crash (2013-07-22)
Read More: How Can You Fix - Backup unacceptably slow?,How to Resolve - Backup on External Drive Doesn't Complete?,Fast Solution to Problem: Backup error 0x80070002 'The System can not find the file specified' when using USB external hard drive as NAS,Troubleshoot:Autocorrect is disabled in msWord2007,[Anwsered] Ask about Filter,application not found error,any problems in a team where one has Windows XP and the other has Windows 7?,Application/Object-Defined Error,An Excel formula question where hours are totalled and cumulating,Anyone know the hardware email?