Apps don't flip so I can't close them!
I've recently updated two laptops and a desktop machine to Windows 8.1 and am finding my way around the new OS.
I soon discovered that to close apps down you need to drag them to the bottom of the screen and hold them there until they flip to the default app icon, then let them go.
This works fine on both the laptops but on the desktop machine they just continue
to stay as the image of the currently running app and when i let go of them the app jumps back up to full screen and doesn't shut down.
The only thing I can think is that 8.1 is having some kind of issue recognising my Wacom Bamboo CTL-460 tablet input device, although it works fine for everything else I have running.
I've tried searching for the behaviour but all I can find is lots of people who haven't figured out that you have to hold then app at the bottom of the screen until it flips before it closes :-(
Any suggestions would be gratefully received.
Keys to the Problem Apps don't flip so I can't close them!
- Access the files on your computer via MY COMPUTER
- Under the C: drive, access the WINDOWS folder
- Select the SOFTWARE DISTRIBUTION folder, followed by the DOWNLOAD folder.
- Delete any files within this download folder.
- If you are unable to delete these files, open the command prompt (CMD) as the administrator, and type "net stop wuauserv" into the CMD prompt window. Press ENTER. This should allow you to delete the files from step 4.
- Once the files are deleted, open and run the CMD as the administrator and type "wuauclt.exe /updatenow". Press ENTER.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: Apps don't flip so I can't close them!:
How to Fix Apps don't flip so I can't close them! with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your computer. Open it, and it will perform a scan for your system. The junk files will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.
3. When the Fixing part is done, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been removed
Related: error message fsui.exe/ wlidcli.dll is missing
,Solution to Error: Excel: Automatic number generation
,Troubleshoot:i wanna change language of all windows in Windows 7 Home Premium
,Troubleshooting:IF Function, if the vendor ID in column A matches any of the vendor ID's in column F, I want 1099 to appear in column D. Error
,Fast Solution to Problem: ReadyBoost is not working properly in my computer
,Troubleshoot:Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive. Error,External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Tech Support,Tech Support: I'm always being signed off so annoying,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.,Referencing data in Access using Excel [Anwsered],Need Best Way To Present Data [Anwsered],Same question but for windows 7 home edition,sometimes fullscreen won't activate [Solved],Solution to Error: We bought a new computer with windows 7 and it is constantly freezing. How do we fix this?,Solution to Error: Windows 8 update crash (2013-07-22),brclr.dll.mu_ Missing Error Fixer,How To Resolve Missing fin_myagtui.eng Problem,Corrupted f_0006ad File - How to Fix,nkebigvg.cpl Not Found Error Fixer,Corrupted olcontrols.ocx File - How to Fix
Read More: Troubleshooting:Amazon Unbox won't play video's \"error code 0xC00D2728\",[Solved] Alt+Click doesn't work on Answers.com,Troubleshooter of Error: Application Blocked by Security Settings,Alternative application to deepfreeze or Method to restore system back to initial state after restart,Although I csn access my e-mails, I cannot open or delete them,After Windows Update CD/DVD drive does not work,After installing windows 7 to laptop the labels print out of line how can I fix it,After my computer sleeps the wireless always disconnects and will no reconnect,After signing into Pogo.com, I get a message" This tab has been recovered"....what does this mean and how do I fix it.....,All desktop icons changed to windows live and does not open