Apps will not install, stuck on "pending."
I have a Lenovo laptop which I recently purchased a few days ago.
Windows 8 ran well without any problems until I downloaded the Windows 8.1 update.
This is when things screwed up.
I somehow ended up with the blue screen where I then ended up factory resetting
After this reset, I attempted to redownload all the apps which had been lost in the reset.
However, the apps will not download but rather say "pending." After trying to fix this problem with multiple possible solutions, nothing worked.
I am extremely
frustrated with this mediocre Windows 8 program and I am considering to download Ubuntu OS.
Any possible solutions to this app "pending" problem will greatly be appreciated.
If not, Ubuntu is downloading.
Anwsers to the Problem Apps will not install, stuck on "pending."
- Access the files on your computer via MY COMPUTER
- Under the C: drive, access the WINDOWS folder
- Select the SOFTWARE DISTRIBUTION folder, followed by the DOWNLOAD folder.
- Delete any files within this download folder.
- If you are unable to delete these files, open the command prompt (CMD) as the administrator, and type "net stop wuauserv" into the CMD prompt window. Press ENTER. This should allow you to delete the files from step 4.
- Once the files are deleted, open and run the CMD as the administrator and type "wuauclt.exe /updatenow". Press ENTER.
Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: Apps will not install, stuck on "pending.":
How to Fix Apps will not install, stuck on "pending." with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your computer. Click Scan, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The errors will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. When the Fixing part is done, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been removed
Related: AMD Radeon HD 7800M Win8 not working [Anwsered],I can access the internet, get on facebook and get to hotmail, but I can't play games on facebook and I can't open or respond to my e-mails,I keep getting this Media Player error when I log on my computer. [Anwsered],[Anwsered] System Hanging on shutdown and restart,Unable to get the Vlookup property of the WorksheetFunction class,Solution to Error: Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,I'm always being signed off so annoying Tech Support
,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.
,Solution to Problem: Referencing data in another file
,Troubleshoot:Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive. Error,External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Tech Support,Tech Support: I'm always being signed off so annoying,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.,Referencing data in Access using Excel [Anwsered],Need Best Way To Present Data [Anwsered],Same question but for windows 7 home edition,sometimes fullscreen won't activate [Solved],Solution to Error: We bought a new computer with windows 7 and it is constantly freezing. How do we fix this?,Solution to Error: Windows 8 update crash (2013-07-22)
Read More: Back Up failure - error code 0x80070020 [Anwsered],How to Fix Problem - Auto row height adjustment on merged cells?,Solution to Error: Autoplay stopped working for the usb i use for boost. Can i fix this?,How Can I Fix - autocad for windows 7 64bit?,How to Fix - Authentec Biometric Reader wont read when \"pc is locked\", login works flawlessly?,application not found error,any problems in a team where one has Windows XP and the other has Windows 7?,Application/Object-Defined Error,An Excel formula question where hours are totalled and cumulating,Anyone know the hardware email?