Brand new laptop, mouse pointer is erratic and is going crazy
original title: erratic cursor
I bought this laptop today! and 1-2hrs after starting to use it, the cursor is gone crazy.
It is shaking all over the screen.
I know it isn't the mouse since I didn't use one until it started going crazy.
I have seen this before on other laptops, if you lock
the mouse pads it just stops, but this one I haven't figured out yet how to lock the mouse pad (or if it's even possible?) can someone help? I have a HP mini thanks
Solutions to the Problem Brand new laptop, mouse pointer is erratic and is going crazy
I would suggest you to refer to the steps provided below and check the steps for adjusting the settings for the Synaptic Touchpad in HP mini Laptop.
Using Third Party Software or Link, including hardware drivers can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly.
Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of Third Party Software or Link can be solved.
Using Third Party Software or Link is at your own risk.
If the steps provided in the above link do not help then I would recommend that you contact the Hp support for further assistance.
Manually editing the Windows registry to fix Error Brand new laptop, mouse pointer is erratic and is going crazy
Caution: Unless you an advanced computer user, we DO NOT recommend editing the Windows registry manually. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. We do not guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: Brand new laptop, mouse pointer is erratic and is going crazy:
How to Fix Brand new laptop, mouse pointer is erratic and is going crazy with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your system. Open it, and it will scan your system. The junk files will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.
3. When the Fixing part is finished, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been fixed
Related: How to Download Toshiba Portege R500 HDD/SSD Alert Utility v.184.108.40.206 driver,Way to Update & Download Toshiba Satellite A355-S69403 Motorola Modem Region Select Utility v.220.127.116.11 driver,Where to Download Toshiba Satellite L305-S5926 HW Setup Utility v.2.00.11 driver,[Solved] Download Toshiba Satellite L675-S7115 Laptop Checkup v.18.104.22.168 driver,Method to Download Toshiba Satellite M645-S4080 Media Controller v.22.214.171.124 driver,Best Way to Download NVidia GeForce 6100 VGA Driver v.304.51 Certified,How Can You Update & Download NVidia GeForce 9300/nForce 730i VGA Driver v.310.19 Certified,Method to Download NVidia GeForce GT 330M Driver v.340.65,How Can I Update & Download NVidia GeForce GTX 590 Driver v.280.26 WHQL,Method to Download NVidia Tesla C2050 Driver v.319.17
Read More: How to Resolve - Bluetooth, Not working after upgrading to 8.1?,Tech Support: BSOD Windows 8.1 : Driver Verifier gives me again ntoskrnl.exe,Troubleshoot:Borders around text,Troubleshoot:BSOD driver irql not less or equal netio.sys,BSOD tcpip.sys -- I've tried many recommendations to resolve this, still no luck [Solved],All diagnostic tools give 0x800700C1, troubleshooting wizard can't continue,all files try to open with adobe,all icons on desktop have changed to Adobe icon and won't open,All functions of my outlook are working except it will not let me "REPLY" or start a "NEW" email,all f1-f12 shortcuts not work