boot up problem-low resolution, cursor frozen
Ever since i installed Windows 7 on my toshiba laptop, occasionally every so often it will boot up in low resolution, and the cursor will not move.
It is fixed by restarting the computer but will happen again either the next time or the time after
I have been unable to find a solution to this problem, i have checked and believe all my drivers are up to date
This is a big nuisance and if somone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated.
Solutions to the Problem boot up problem-low resolution, cursor frozen
I suggest that you uninstall and reinstall display adapter drivers.
Check if the issue persists.
Click the Start button , click Control Panel, click System and Maintenance, and then click Device Manager. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
In the list, locate the display adapter, Right-click the device, and then click Properties.
Click the Driver tab, click Uninstall, and then click OK.
Restart the computer.
Now download and install the display adapter drivers compatible with windows 7 from the manufacturers website.
Thanks and Regards:
Swati Keni- Microsoft Support
Use the System File Checker tool to repair corrupted or missing system files:
- Click Start.
- Type cmd, and then press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to open the elevated command prompt (I.e. Command prompt with administrative rights).
- The User Account Control window should appear, be sure that the action it exhibits is correct, and then press the Continue button.
- Type or copy paste the below command line into it without quotes:
- "Sfc /scannow"
Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: boot up problem-low resolution, cursor frozen:
How to Fix boot up problem-low resolution, cursor frozen with SmartPCFixer?
1. You can Download SmartPCFixer here. Install it on your system. When you open it, it will perform a scan.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed. You can also use other functions in SmartPCFixer. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.
Related: How to Download Toshiba Portege R500 HDD/SSD Alert Utility v.22.214.171.124 driver,Way to Update & Download Toshiba Satellite A355-S69403 Motorola Modem Region Select Utility v.126.96.36.199 driver,Where to Download Toshiba Satellite L305-S5926 HW Setup Utility v.2.00.11 driver,[Solved] Download Toshiba Satellite L675-S7115 Laptop Checkup v.188.8.131.52 driver,Method to Download Toshiba Satellite M645-S4080 Media Controller v.184.108.40.206 driver,Best Way to Download NVidia GeForce 6100 VGA Driver v.304.51 Certified,How Can You Update & Download NVidia GeForce 9300/nForce 730i VGA Driver v.310.19 Certified,Method to Download NVidia GeForce GT 330M Driver v.340.65,How Can I Update & Download NVidia GeForce GTX 590 Driver v.280.26 WHQL,Method to Download NVidia Tesla C2050 Driver v.319.17
Read More: How to Fix - BSoD w\/WHEA Uncorrectable Error?,Troubleshooting:Bold Numbers in TOC,Troubleshooting:Cab file corrupt? Error,Troubleshooter of Error: Cabinet File Cannot be Trusted,Troubleshoot:BSoD windows 8, only when playing games. Error,All diagnostic tools give 0x800700C1, troubleshooting wizard can't continue,all files try to open with adobe,all icons on desktop have changed to Adobe icon and won't open,All functions of my outlook are working except it will not let me "REPLY" or start a "NEW" email,all f1-f12 shortcuts not work