Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Add or Remove a Program [Anwsered]

Add or Remove a Program

I have two programs I wish to remove but they are not listed in the Add and Remove List.
One of them is just a game demo saved on my destkop but it is an exe file. I think I tried to run it once but decided I didn't want it.   Maybe it has not actually installed itself but runs from the net somehow.  Is that possible?
The other is a very very old program I tried to install and when it started to say it was overwriting ini files I stopped it.  But it has left files behind some of which are ini files on my PC in its own folder that it has created.

Solutions to the Problem Add or Remove a Program

Download Error Fixer (Free)

Thank you Ronnie, yes I thought the game maybe could just be deleted as there's no mention of it or the maker in the programmes list.  As far as the other one it did create a Folder directly on to the C: drive which contains sub folders with ini files and
other miscellaneous type files.  I can't find it anywhere in Programs list either.  So I guess to be safe I should leave it as is?  The PC is working O.K.
since I tried to install it.
System restore couldn't help could it?

Hi
Yes, System Restore should be able to remove any information for that installation, if you have a restore point made prior to when the program was installed.
It is worth trying.
There is a new feature in System Restore on Windows 7.
In System Restore, after you select a Restore Point, click the  Scan for Affected Programs button.
This will list all of the folders/files for any program that will be removed.
Let us know how this works.
Regards,
Thank You for using Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Make Sure that your System Meets the System Requirements

You need to double-check your computer's hardware configuration against the following Microsoft requirements. If your PC hardware is not up to par, then make sure you update where necessary before continuing:

Microsoft Windows Requirements :

  • 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
  • 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)

Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: Add or Remove a Program:

How to Fix Add or Remove a Program with SmartPCFixer?

1. You can Download Error Fixer here. Install it on your system. When you open it, it will perform a scan.

2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.

3. The Fixing part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed.


Related: [Solved] Applications have stopped working with SP1 on Windows 7!,[Solved] I can't find auto complete text in word 2007,[Solution] I need to keep reinstalling eHome Infrared Transceiver driver everytime my computer shuts down.,How to Resolve - system restore not working windows 7?,Unable to open embedded word file on the intranet. [Solved],Solution to Error: Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,I'm always being signed off so annoying Tech Support
,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.
,Solution to Problem: Referencing data in another file
,[Anwsered] Thinkpad 8611 Boot,How to Resolve - Svchost Helper?,Fast Solution to Problem: L30 101 Driver Windows 7,Troubleshooter of Error: Io Device,How to Fix Error - Dell Laptop Code 39?
Read More: Tech Support: A problem caused RealPlay.exe to stop interacting with Windows.,How to Fix Error - active x runtime error 429?,How to Fix Problem - A folder containing most of my favourite urls has disappeared from my favourites, how can i get it back??,Solution to Error: Accidentally deleted searh history in XP. How can I get January 22 back to view it please\/,Tech Support: access denied when trying to make backup in windows 8 pro,Cannot delete empty file icon on desktop...,Cannot download flashplayer,can't get the CIA review progrom install which is an older version,Cannot access one website-DNS server not responding.,Can't Receive or Send Vista Windows Mail - Router stopped recognizing DSL connection & wants to dial up

No comments:

Post a Comment