Error message " there is no script engine for file extension ".vbs".
Hi my vbscript was working fine, until i installed vbscript editor Called "ASE" editor and "primalScript2007 standerd" to how they are, and i un installed both of the applictions, since then i geting the above message, and now any of my vbscripts are now
working and how can i fix my vbscript engine, with out reinstalling the whole Vista.
Anwsers to the Problem Error message " there is no script engine for file extension ".vbs".
If VBScript module is not registered correctly or.vbs file class settings are broken, you may receive the following error.
There is no script engine for file extension ".vbs"
I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to fix this problem.
Step 1: Registering the vbscript.dll file
Open an elevated Command Prompt window.
To do so,
a. ClickStart, click
All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then clickRun as administrator.
b. Type the following command in the Command Prompt window, and press ENTER:
You should see the following message:
DllRegisterServer in vbscript.dll succeeded.
Step 2: Fixing the .VBS file association settings
Visit the link below to know how to fix file associations.
Hope this information is helpful and let me know if this worked.
Mouneshwar R – Microsoft Support
Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think
Manually editing the Windows registry
Manually editing the Windows registry to remove invalid MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION keys is not recommended unless you are PC service professional. Incorrectly editing your registry can stop your PC from functioning and create irreversible damage to your operating system. In fact, one misplaced comma can prevent your PC from booting entirely!
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, we DO NOT recommend editing the Windows registry manually. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. We do not guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
To manually repair your Windows registry, first you need to create a backup by exporting a portion of the registry related to MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION (eg. Windows Operating System):
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: Error message " there is no script engine for file extension ".vbs".:
How to Fix Error message " there is no script engine for file extension ".vbs". with SmartPCFixer?
1. You can Download Error Fixer here. Install it on your computer. When you open SmartPCFixer, it will perform a scan.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.
3. When the Fixing part is finished, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been removed
Related: How To Perform Mail Merge With More Than 249 Columns In Data Source?,Saving New E-Mail Addresses Easily On Windows 7,Microsoft.NET Framework Vision 2.0,I Want To Find The Percentage Of A Row Of Cells To Income,CAL In Windows 2008 R2,SCCM Central Site Configuration Question,How To Resize A Document From Legal To Letter Size,My ' Turns Windows Featuire On Or Off ' This Box Remains Empty..,Problem With Online Banking And 64 Bit OS,Apply Conditional Formatting Formula Every Other Row
Read More: [Solved] While trying to make a repair disc, I got the error \"The parameter is incorrect. 0x80070057.\",Troubleshooting:need to reset my password for my outlook express email account. I cannot read my current emails.,Fast Solution to Error: Flight Simulator X game does not work properly,Troubleshooting:how to uninstall yontoo 1.10.02 from programs & features in my contral panel on my personal computer,Fast Solution to Problem: Windows Mail error messages,unable to install epson printer to pc with windows xp,me sale fmodex.dll,Interactive Service Detection Error Message - IE 8 - Program path: c:\windows\system32\IEFrame.dll,outlook express error code 450-oxooccc79,Unable to install windows 2000 service pack 4