2010 Word & Excel Mail Merge - URGENT
My problem is that when I do a mail merge from my Excel database to a word document the numbers from the spreadsheet do not transfer correctly. I have the numbers formatted as a number with 2 decimal places and using the (,) separator for the 1000. I
transfer whole numbers from the spreadsheet only to get weird numbers in the word document (i.e., 533.64 - in Excel - then transfers to word as 533.63999999999999997 or 533.6400000000000003). Also if the number being transferred ends with a zero (5.90) it
drops the zero in the word document.
Any advice as a work around or fix to this? Please advise.
Solutions to the Problem 2010 Word & Excel Mail Merge - URGENT
Word gets the number that is in the Excel cell, not the way it is displayed there.
There can be a profound, if subtle, difference between what a number
is, and how it looks, in either Excel or Word.
In Excel this difference can cause real problems when numbers are used as the basis for calculations.
The prime example is compound interest calculations.
You can either truncate the number in Excel, round it in Excel, or do that in Word.
You can also change the display in Word using field switches.
Field codes in Word - Word - Office.com
- Access the files on your computer via MY COMPUTER
- Under the C: drive, access the WINDOWS folder
- Select the SOFTWARE DISTRIBUTION folder, followed by the DOWNLOAD folder.
- Delete any files within this download folder.
- If you are unable to delete these files, open the command prompt (CMD) as the administrator, and type "net stop wuauserv" into the CMD prompt window. Press ENTER. This should allow you to delete the files from step 4.
- Once the files are deleted, open and run the CMD as the administrator and type "wuauclt.exe /updatenow". Press ENTER.
Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: 2010 Word & Excel Mail Merge - URGENT:
How to Fix 2010 Word & Excel Mail Merge - URGENT with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download Error Fixer . Install it on your computer. Click Scan, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The junk files will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. The Repair part is done, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed. You can also use other functions in SmartPCFixer. Like dll downloading, windows updating and print spooler error repair.
Read More: Troubleshoot:2 hyperlinks 1 cell Error,Troubleshooting:2 questions about a Search loop Error,How to Resolve - 10055 system error(setsockopt)appears after windows update in odin diet at log in?,Solution to Problem: 2nd try: cannot access local network,Troubleshooting:2 problems with Vista and mail on new laptop Error,2.7 out of 3.00 installed RAM "usable"?,2 days to update!?!,3 Computers One network - No connection to XP bos,4G issues and Wifi connection.,404 not found mesage when I try to go to you tube