IE 8 will not run networking sites or their apps.
I have been trying to log on and use certain apps on facebook such as farmville (and other sites as well), and my laptop freezes up and has to be shut down manually. This is a recent occurence and has only started the last couple days.
I don't know how
to find the problem or fix it.
I am seriously considering replacing my HP laptop with a Mac book considering all of the problems I have encountered after purchasing it (brand new by the way) two months ago.
Anwsers to the Problem IE 8 will not run networking sites or their apps.
Thank you for posting on Microsoft Answers.
It looks like certains addons might be creating a conflict
To identify if its an an incompatible browser add-on or extension is at the root of your troubles, You can try running Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons) mode.
The following are steps to do this:
To isolate the specific browser add-on that is contributing to the issue, you can use IE’s Manage Add-ons feature to pick specific add-ons to disable:
- Click Tools -> Internet Options.
- Click the Programs tab, then Manage add-ons
Note: The Manage Add-ons option under Tools is disabled in No Add-ons mode so you must go to Internet Options, Programs, Manage add-ons to manually enable/disable add-ons.
- Select an add-on in the Name list, and then click Disable.
Restart IE normally and see if your problem is resolved.
- If it is, you should uninstall the specific add-on via Control Panel’s Add/Remove Programs or the applications own uninstaller.
- If the problem persists, you will need to repeat steps 1-3 until you have identified the specific add-on causing the problem.
Tip: Disable several add-on’s at once to speed up your process of elimination.
You can reset the IE, following link should help you in reseting Internet Explorer :
Most of the time it might be an issue with Adobe Flash Plugin you can also try to reinstall the Plugin and check.
To check for Windows updates
- Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Update.
- In the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.
- If any updates are found, click Install updates. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: IE 8 will not run networking sites or their apps.:
How to Fix IE 8 will not run networking sites or their apps. with SmartPCFixer?
1. You can Download SmartPCFixer here. Install it on your system. When you open SmartPCFixer, it will perform a scan.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be repaired.
3. When the Fixing part is done, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been removed
Related: Problem With Desktop System Icons (Win7 Ultimate SP1, 32-bit),My Invoices & Estimates Deluxe 10 Set Trouble,Constant BSOD, SFC Found Problems But Unable To Resolve,Excel Worksheet W/ Drop Downs,Urlmon.dll Not There, But Actually Is,I Have Been Accessing An Excel File Located On My Desktop With My Laptop. Suddenly, I Get A Message Saying This File Cannot Be Opened.,Automatic Changing Cell Colours,I Now Have A Windows Internet Explorer Add-ons Disabled Message,Dosent Show Attachment In Hotmail With Internet Explorer 9 Windows 7,Partition Recovery With Windows 7
Read More: Troubleshooting:why won't comments pull up in te blogs i frequent Error,How to Resolve - Rafflecopter no longer working after upgrade?,[Solution] IE 8 will not print web page,Linksys certificate Error. - Error message: \"You attempted to reach login.facebook.com, but instead you actually...\" [Anwsered],Open Excel Links Directly in Firefox Without Excel Lookup,Getting on Yahoo Games- IE9 just hangs,How to download Ovi suite,Frequent Shut Downs / Blue Screen and AMD Driver Error,msn & outlook won't stay loged in when I check the box. "keep logged in",Computer keeps saying that I have limited access to all wifi networks and won't connect me to any of them, how do I fix this?