a couple of times this week, Windows won't open...I am forced to remove thebattery and restart, then it's fine...any ideas what the problem might be? thnx
I am wondering if it's a virus? I do have Norton installed
Keys to the Problem a couple of times this week, Windows won't open...I am forced to remove thebattery and restart, then it's fine...any ideas what the problem might be? thnx
How old is the battery? It could need replacing. How long did the battery operate the last time it worked? If the computer is fine without the battery, it sure sounds like you just need to replace it, but without answers to the above questions, I'm just
- Access the files on your computer via MY COMPUTER
- Under the C: drive, access the WINDOWS folder
- Select the SOFTWARE DISTRIBUTION folder, followed by the DOWNLOAD folder.
- Delete any files within this download folder.
- If you are unable to delete these files, open the command prompt (CMD) as the administrator, and type "net stop wuauserv" into the CMD prompt window. Press ENTER. This should allow you to delete the files from step 4.
- Once the files are deleted, open and run the CMD as the administrator and type "wuauclt.exe /updatenow". Press ENTER.
Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: a couple of times this week, Windows won't open...I am forced to remove thebattery and restart, then it's fine...any ideas what the problem might be? thnx:
How to Fix a couple of times this week, Windows won't open...I am forced to remove thebattery and restart, then it's fine...any ideas what the problem might be? thnx with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your computer. Run it, and it will scan your computer. The junk files will be shown in the list.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. When the Fixing part is finished, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been fixed
Related: [Solved] Applications have stopped working with SP1 on Windows 7!,[Solved] I can't find auto complete text in word 2007,[Solution] I need to keep reinstalling eHome Infrared Transceiver driver everytime my computer shuts down.,How to Resolve - system restore not working windows 7?,Unable to open embedded word file on the intranet. [Solved],Solution to Error: Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,I'm always being signed off so annoying Tech Support
,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.
,Solution to Problem: Referencing data in another file
,[Anwsered] Thinkpad 8611 Boot,How to Resolve - Svchost Helper?,Fast Solution to Problem: L30 101 Driver Windows 7,Troubleshooter of Error: Io Device,How to Fix Error - Dell Laptop Code 39?
Read More: 910823 - how to monitor used physical memory in system tray? [Anwsered],Troubleshooter of Error: 8.1 OSK not working in text fields (desktop) still?,Troubleshoot:add a hypen in excel field Error,Fast Solution to Error: a problem loading page while Internet download manager is downlaoding a file.,Acresso Software has stopped working [Solved],Cannot delete empty file icon on desktop...,Cannot download flashplayer,can't get the CIA review progrom install which is an older version,Cannot access one website-DNS server not responding.,Can't Receive or Send Vista Windows Mail - Router stopped recognizing DSL connection & wants to dial up