3d business and gaming graphics drops after installing SSD
I installed an SSD as my boot drive and re-installed Win 7. After that, the Gaming Graphics score drops from 6.3 to 4.8. Although I don't really play games, this drop puzzles me because the boot driver is the only change in my PC. Installing the latest
video driver doesn't help. (BTW, the Primary Hard Disk scores does improves from 5.9 to 7.2). I wonder if there's flaws in the algorithm that Win 7 uses to calculate these scores.
Keys to the Problem 3d business and gaming graphics drops after installing SSD
A computer with a base score of 6.0 or 7.0 has a faster hard disk, and can support high-end, graphics-intensive experiences, such as multiplayer and 3‑D gaming and recording and playback of HDTV content.
Also if you use your computer for games or programs that are graphic-intensive, such as digital video editing programs or realistic first-person games, then high subscores in the RAM, desktop graphics, 3‑D gaming graphics, and CPU categories are important.
A subscore of 3.0 or higher is usually sufficient in the hard disk category.
So it seems that you are meeting the required score criteria and change will not affect the functioning much.
Also for details regarding the score calculation you may refer to the below link -http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/What-is-the-Windows-Expeience-Index
Hope this helps.
Meghmala – Microsoft Support
Windows Error Reporting - To Fix 3d business and gaming graphics drops after installing SSD
- Go to Start button.
- Open Control Panel.
- Go to Windows Error Reporting.
- Click on System and Maintenance, then click Problem Reports and Solutions.
- Next, click Change Settings located on the left side panel of the Problem Reports and Solutions window.
- Select an option to configure how you want Windows to look for a solution to your problems. You may allow Windows to do it automatically or ask you every time to check if problem occurs.
- Next, click the Advanced settings link.
- Select Off to turn off Error Reporting.
Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: 3d business and gaming graphics drops after installing SSD:
How to Fix 3d business and gaming graphics drops after installing SSD with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your computer. Open it, and it will perform a scan for your computer. The junk files will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. The Fixing part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed.
Read More: How to Fix Error - 404 not found error and 403 forbidden messages for everything i search?,2007 Access table moved to sharepoint 2005 became read only. how to fix? [Anwsered],Troubleshoot:1: System Restore Error 0x80042318__2: Windows Media Player 11 Will not open__3: Internet Explorer 8 Freezes as soon as opened. Error,Fast Solution to Error: 350 p, 35 mb Word doc crashes after refreshing (F9),[Solved] 1 GB Network Adaptor for Windows 7,1xTouchscreen and a Couple of Monitors, how to make it Work?,32 bit apps loading 64 bit wininet.dll? - random crashes of IE8, Excel etc. in Wininet.dll,64 bit windows 7 backup problem,64bit system is attempting to install 32bit updates,434 Disk errors