98 GB for five minutes recording?
On my Windows 7 NV54 Gateway laptop, I recorded hours and hours of video using my built in webcam while I was away, specifically a TV sports program.
I put the program on lock so noone would disrupt the recording but when I return to the computer and click
the movie to stop the recording , its only saving the last several minutess, it just plays the last 10 percent or so like thats all I have .I have video 0001, video 0002 and video 0003 but its only a short movie.
But my 221GB computer says 11GB of hard disc
Nowhere on my computer can I find the recorded video.
It should be several hours but the .avi files are just a few minutes.
Anyone know where I can find my recordings? Some might say that the computer slept and you lost it.
But I used to do this all
like 9 hours or so and it only auto stopped because I had only 1GB left on the drive.
It appears like I have the recordings somewhere because my drive is almost full, but it didnt save it as an avi file.
I do have other editing and video programs
on my drive but how could that have done anything?
Today I recorded for hours but when I got back it shows me the last 5 minutes but says its 98 Gigabytes.
I did have trojans etc but I think I.ve cleaned and chkdsk'ed everything.
Anwsers to the Problem 98 GB for five minutes recording?
Manually editing the Windows registry
Manually editing the Windows registry to remove invalid MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION keys is not recommended unless you are PC service professional. Incorrectly editing your registry can stop your PC from functioning and create irreversible damage to your operating system. In fact, one misplaced comma can prevent your PC from booting entirely!
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, we DO NOT recommend editing the Windows registry manually. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. We do not guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
To manually repair your Windows registry, first you need to create a backup by exporting a portion of the registry related to MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION (eg. Windows Operating System):
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: 98 GB for five minutes recording?:
How to Fix 98 GB for five minutes recording? with SmartPCFixer?
1. Download Error Fixer. Install it on your system.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be repaired. Click Fix All.
3. When the Fixing part is done, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been fixed
Related: [Solved] Applications have stopped working with SP1 on Windows 7!,[Solved] I can't find auto complete text in word 2007,[Solution] I need to keep reinstalling eHome Infrared Transceiver driver everytime my computer shuts down.,How to Resolve - system restore not working windows 7?,Unable to open embedded word file on the intranet. [Solved],Solution to Error: Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,I'm always being signed off so annoying Tech Support
,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.
,Solution to Problem: Referencing data in another file
,[Anwsered] Thinkpad 8611 Boot,How to Resolve - Svchost Helper?,Fast Solution to Problem: L30 101 Driver Windows 7,Troubleshooter of Error: Io Device,How to Fix Error - Dell Laptop Code 39?
Read More: A problem when any one enter the digital voice chat which there is no solution so far in the Middle East Tech Support,How Can I Fix - A4 Mailing Label Template?,How to Resolve - Action Center is unable to access its own Solution!?!?,Solution to Error: A scroll bar appears next to my cursor and starts automatically scrolling up and down the screen. How do I turn this off or get rid of it completely?,How Can I Fix - action center registry?,Cannot delete empty file icon on desktop...,Cannot download flashplayer,can't get the CIA review progrom install which is an older version,Cannot access one website-DNS server not responding.,Can't Receive or Send Vista Windows Mail - Router stopped recognizing DSL connection & wants to dial up